Wednesday, March 3, 2010

blog 26

So i truly hate watching television episodes online, it takes forever with all the buffering. It has to buffer like every 5 minutes, and it just makes the episode hard to follow or care about. So, I wonder how long before Battlestar Galactica the show Caprica takes place. I noticed they still use the word frakking, and since lingo seems to completely change every couple years it seems like the two shows occur really close together. Basically what happens in the show is this girl blows up a train after being recruited by a virtual gang. Her parents then go on a tv show to convince Caprica that their daughter is not a bad person. It is potentially partially the fathers fault since he is designing the technology that the gang thrives. Somebody almost has the wife assassinated, but it gets called off. I don't know how this episode could connect to the real world. Possibly just the fact that people go through really difficult things sometimes. Possibly that people have to deal with being blamed for stuff that they didn't see coming and couldn't stop. Maybe the message is that life sucks. I don't know. Though this is based exclusively off one episode from each series, I feel like the show pushes too much to be like BSG. I did enjoy Spence from the King of Queens being on the show, best part. I thought it was absurd the way the cops busted in the school with a warrant. That was completely not the way it would go down. The school would just cooperate. The school has nothing to gain or lose.

4 comments:

  1. I think Caprica Takes place after Battle Star Galactica. I think my computer said they were really new. I could be wrong thought because I noticed them saying frakking haha. Oh and My computer is weird about the buffering stuff too if I dont have it plugged in to the ethernet cord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caprica takes place before Battlestar Galactica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the buffering too, the wireless is so slow. I've found that plugging an ethernet into my computer makes the videos load much faster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. frakk is hilarious. I cant believe sci fi has its own way of swearing.

    ReplyDelete