Thursday, March 11, 2010

bloog 31

So, in class we watched "Out of Gas" from the Firefly series. I was actually surprised by how much i enjoyed the episode. I thought it was my favorite episode of any show we watched this year in class. I liked how it showed how they first got the ship. I liked how the episode showed how the crew got together. I enjoyed the three different stories coming together to really make a very strong episode. I thought it was it was interesting how the captain, towards the end of the episode, fixed the ship but didn't make it to the button yet was still saved by his crew. After that happened it kind of made the episode seem somewhat pointless. It showed some sort of loyalty i guess. I feel like the red button could represent life. All Captain Mal had to do to to live was reach the red button, but he couldn't reach it before he passed out. So Mal got lucky or something. I feel like the red button could relate to someones back-up plan or something like that that goes wrong. At one point Mal is alone on the ship when he finally receives a message from another ship. These people came on Serenity and then tried to rob it. Mal got shot but was able to fend off the invaders. I thought this part of the episode was really eat. It was cool how he could defend his ship like that. Overall, I thought the episode was pretty good.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, this episode was a good one. It was humorous and entertaining as well as having some meaning to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also thought that it was pretty cool that Mal was able to defend the ship from like 10 people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it awesome that Mal could defend his ship even though he had been shot. After the door closed you could really see how much pain he was in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think everyone really liked this episode, a lot more than the others at least

    ReplyDelete