Tuesday, February 16, 2010

blog 21

I did the draft for the Common Place paper. What i did for the draft was basically just cut out the the less relevant information, as well as, the facts that wouldn't be very important to someone that hasn't seen the show. My thesis is still about perception and how people can view the same thing in many different ways. My paper is still kind of long standing tall at five pages, however; I do have a decent amount of work to do on it. It is only the rough draft. I would like to make the Common Place paper a little more light-hearted than my original paper, which talks a decent amount about haunting, eerie issues or qualms that some up in the episode. also the Iraq War is one of the big connections to the real world in my Analytical Research Paper, so yeah ideally I would like to maybe just cut that out altogether I don't really know yet what direction I will go in. One of my arguments is about the 88 defined constellations. It's about how someone named these constellations to look like something, and most of them look like nothing.There's one constellation that's called Crusades, it's supposed to depict a battle scene during the Crusades and it's just two stars.I definitely want to make my paper less about the episode and more about the connection to the real world. I'm considering dropping my first paragraph that talks about Joss Whedon and how he created the show as well as Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. It seems kind of unnecessary to have in there. I need to make the summary more concise. It's pretty descriptive and most of it should probably be left out. My final argument, aside from the Iraq War and constellations, has to do with how artists perceive things they paint. How two different artists can paint a picture of the ocean and have them look nothing alike. I'm probably going to end up not using a couple of the sources I used for the ARP. So yeah, that's basically what it's looking like for me right meow.

2 comments:

  1. I did pretty much the same thing for my common place paper. I took out all of the information about my show and just wrote about the idea of my arp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To make my summary more concise I found ways to put my sentences with similar ideas into one sentence.

    ReplyDelete