Tuesday, February 23, 2010

blog 23

Alright, so we watched an episode of Dollhouse in class today titled Epitaph One. It was very interesting. I have never seen an episode of this series so I was pretty unassuming. It seems to me like somehow the world ended or nearly ended because of this crime syndicate that takes people, basically deletes their minds, and turns them into whatever the client wants. They gave mega-rich people the opportunity to have basically whatever they wanted in another person. It's a really strange concept: to basically create your own human. I really wonder how this service for the mega-rich would have this major of an effect on the entire world. Then again, perhaps it's only in America and not the entire world. The show kept me interested throughout, so i was pleased with that. I thought it was kind of strange that that "doll" woman was just roaming around that underground building place. That was kind of eerie also. Overall this episode did make me more curious in the show. I think it would be nice to have more back story on the show, it would be nice to see the first couple episodes. I thought how not only could this Dollhouse organization erase and upload memories into a person but also how they could also put an entire persons memories and feelings into a completely different person. It's a really intriguing idea. The fact that they kept calling this place they were trying to reach "safe haven" interested me a lot. The show seems to have some promise.

5 comments:

  1. I agree without seeing this show before i was very lost, a background show or information would have been a lot nicer, but it was still very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wish they had elaborated on the safe haven issue.. i mean was it LA above ground? (pictured at the end of the episode) or was it somewhere they still were traveling to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was confused also when i was watching this episode. It is scary to think that this is in the future and how a few people had control over everyones memory and personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also very confused while watching this show, part of the reason for that was because i could barely see the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. agreed. it was always hard to see the screen in that room especially sitting in the back.

    ReplyDelete