Sunday, February 21, 2010

blog 22

I thought this episode was pretty interesting. I thought the alternate realities Buffy was experiencing was really cool. It never did become clear which reality was the real one that she was actually in or even if there was a real "reality". That's kind of confusing to talk about. In the end it seemed she just chose the reality that made her the most happy. Naturally she would choose the one where she has friends and where she isn't a freakish mental patient. I don't really understand why she would assume in the first place that the reality where she is a mental patient is her true "reality". I would think she would think they were just visions after getting attacked by the first monster in the beginning. There is a chance there are other clues in some other episodes throughout the series. I never realized that Buffy was intimate with Spike, the other vampire dude. That sort of blew my mind. He looks a lot older. It was really shocking to me when Buffy, after all these experiences with her friends, could just turn on them so easily by just a couple of crazy visions. That was very surprising. She just decided that they were just figments of her imagination, which is a crazy thing to pull out just like that. It seems like it would be a lot easier to see the mental patient situation as the fake reality. I was also wondering where Spike was when Buffy was beating up all her friends. I feel like he was convieniently left out.

5 comments:

  1. This episode wasn't clear to me either. I still do not know what life was the real one. You made a very interesting point that she picked the life where she had friends. I would do the same. Even if the mental hospital made more sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the reason why Buffy might have thought that the mental patient reality was the right one beause she just felt overwhelmed by her life. There was so much going on that most people don't have to go through and she couln't handle it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think Buffy would have been able to take down Spike, if he was present at the time she decided to eliminate elements of her Vampire Slayer reality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also thought this episode was interesting. I found it very intriguing that it never actually said which reality was the "real" one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that it was unclear which reality was the real one.

    ReplyDelete